Volunteering opportunities for this project are available during:
Please specify on the application form which times you are available.
Description of the role
The community café at Northmoor is a place that brings different people together from the local community to share ideas, meet new people and eat healthily. Volunteers are required on Wednesday in the kitchen and café at Northmoor Community Centre to assist the cook in preparing a variety of meals and other kitchen related tasks such as washing up, cleaning, taking orders and handling money.
- Helping to plan monthly menus and compile shopping lists.
- Ensure that the café environment is pleasant and welcoming place for the local community.
- Help set up the room / update menus / take customer orders / washing up / filling in cleaning rota etc.
- Assist the cook in their duties and be willing to undertake training.
Skills and Experience
Volunteers will need:
- A hands on approach and an ability to cope well under pressure.
- To be able to work within a diverse team of volunteers.
- High standards of personal and food hygiene
- A positive and can do attitude.
- To be self-motivated and show initiative.
What will you gain?
- Experience working within a diverse community.
- Opportunities for training and development such as food hygiene level 1+2 and nutrition.
- Improved job prospects and employability prospects.
- A rewarding sense of achievement in helping sustain the Café at Northmoor and provide affordable and healthy food for the community.
- A reference satisfactory to 30 hours over 4 months volunteering at Northmoor.