Volunteering at Northmoor Community Association
Credit Union Volunteer
Volunteering opportunities for this project are available during:
Description of the role
Every Thursday from 2-3.30pm Northmoor holds Credit Union sessions, providing members of the public with accessible and low-cost financial services, in turn increasing social responsibility and providing value for money services. Volunteers are required for an hour and a half a week to help with the running of the Credit Union at Northmoor Community Association helping provide this essential service to the local community.
- Helping with handling money and keeping accounts.
- Book keeping and financial management.
- Assisting with enquiries and dealing with customers in a friendly, polite and helpful manner.
Skills and Experience
No special qualifications or experience are needed, as training and support is provided. The following points however are important:
- A polite nature.
- Basic admin and maths skills.
- The ability to volunteer as part of a team of people from different backgrounds.
- A commitment to equal opportunities, treating all individuals with respect.
- An understanding of, and commitment to, confidentiality.
- Level 1 English / Maths.
What will you gain?
- Experience working within a diverse community.
- Opportunities for training and development.
- Improved job prospects and employability prospects.
- A rewarding sense of achievement in helping sustain the credit union at Northmoor and providing valuable services to the community.
- A reference satisfactory to 15 hours over 4 months volunteering at Northmoor.