Volunteering opportunities for this project are available during:
Please specify on the application form which times you are available.
Description of the role
Northmoor Community Association are looking for volunteers to help in providing support to children and staff at the homework club. This is a valuable service for children in the area as it gives them a safe and supportive place to complete homework and learn new skills. Volunteers must be over 18 years of age and will be subject to an enhanced DBS check
- To help children to complete their homework.
- To support children to produce good homework.
- To help children to do research using computers, books etc.
- To help children to revise for exams.
- To help promote activities at the Community Centre.
- To support art/craft sessions.
Skills and Experience
- A polite nature.
- Good knowledge of Literacy and Numeracy Skills. (Minimum Level 3)
- Good communication skills with children.
- The ability to volunteer as part of a team of people from different backgrounds.
- A commitment to equal opportunities, treating all individuals with respect.
- An understanding of, and commitment to, confidentiality.
What will you gain?
- Experience working within a diverse community.
- Opportunities for training and development.
- Improved job prospects and employability prospects.
- A rewarding sense of achievement in helping sustain the homework club at Northmoor.
- A reference satisfactory to 30 hours over 4 months volunteering at Northmoor.