Volunteering opportunities for this project are available during:
|09:30 to 12:30||09:30 to 12:30||–||09:30 to 12:30||09:30 to 12:30|
Please specify on the application form which times you are available.
Description of the role
Project Support Volunteers are required to support local residents with their next step into ‘learning and development’, to support people with accessing online courses, setting up e-mail accounts, job searching, and CV development, completing online application forms and accessing council and community services online.
- Welcoming centre users and helping them to get started when they first attend the IT suite.
- Completing registration forms, data inputting, poster and window displays
- Supporting residents with photocopying/printing documents, attaching documents to email etc.
- Enrolling project users on online courses and offer support through their learning.
Skills and Experience
Volunteers will need:
- Good verbal and communication skills for effective interaction with project users.
- To be able to demonstrate good numeracy and literacy skills (minimum of level1).
- A polite, friendly and helpful nature with an ability to volunteer as part of a diverse team.
- A commitment to equal opportunities, treating all individuals with respect.
- An understanding of and commitment to confidentiality.
- Level 1 English
What will you gain?
- Experience working within a diverse community.
- Opportunities for training and development.
- Improved job prospects and employability prospects.
- A rewarding sense of achievement in helping sustain activities at Northmoor.
- Reference upon completion of 8 sessions