Volunteering opportunities for this project are available during:
Description of the role
The parent and toddler group happens once a week on a Friday from 9:30 to 11:30am and provides parents and toddlers with a stimulating environment to have fun. Volunteers are needed to help run the sessions and assist the play worker in delivering exiting and interactive activities for the toddlers.
- Socialising and liaising with Parents.
- Playing with children and helping deliver a range of activities.
- Helping with queries of the parents.
- Assisting in setting up the room in the morning and tidying up afterwards.
- General admin duties such as registering new participants of the group.
Skills and Experience
Volunteers will need:
- A polite, playful and enthusiastic nature.
- Experience of working with children.
- The ability to volunteer as part of a team of people from different backgrounds.
- A commitment to equal opportunities, treating all individuals with respect.
- A positive and can do attitude.
- To be self-motivated and show initiative.
What will you gain?
- Experience working within a diverse community.
- Opportunities for training and development.
- Improved job prospects and employability prospects.
- A rewarding sense of achievement in helping sustain the parent and toddlers group at Northmoor.
- A reference satisfactory to 20 hours over 4 months volunteering at Northmoor.